Scoble and Ouriel Summarize Le Web
Dec 22, 2008
Top bloggers Robert Scoble and Ouriel Ohayon summarize the Le Web conference as we leave in a dark taxi after we have all had a few (too many) drinks.
Among the points raised:
- French have better wine than Californians (Scoble).
- European startup pitches are just as boring as pitches in the US.
- Scoble praised a video face recognition startup.
- Silicon Valley is a state of mind and the entire world has turned into Silicon Valley. Proof: Everyone is on Twitter. Clarification by Ouriel: Not EVERYONE is on Twitter.
- Dopplr is the best web service because it only has A-listers.
- Twitter is not blocked by China’s firewall because the firewall has no friends.
- Ouriel gave a demo of a South Korean gadget called Poken that allows conference attendees to share their contacts easily. It is a link between the physical and online world.
The video ends with a group Poken, so viewer discretion is advised.