Davos Panel Prep: “What was Privacy”
Jan 22, 2009
Next week I return to the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos.
A great turnout of world leaders is expected at this year’s Davos and – given the parlous state of the world – this year’s meeting will be particularly interesting.
It is an honor to attend and I am delighted to participate in a number of panels, including one on privacy, for which I am scrambling to get some good ideas.
Other participants include:
- Reid Hoffman, Chairman and President, LinkedIn Corporation, USA
- Tom Ilube, Chief Executive Officer, Garlik, United Kingdom
- Jeff Jarvis, Blogger and Professor, Buzzmachine.com, USA
- David W. Kenny, Managing Partner, VivaKi, USA
- Diarmuid Martin, Archbishop of Dublin, Ireland
With a story on Google’s GDrive (coming in 2009), I started feeding a Delicious tag privacy.
Are there special privacy attitudes prevalent in Asia? I am thinking about the Japanese blogger Akky Akimoto, who refused to show his face while being interviewed.