Mandarin-speaking Digital Specialist? We are hiring!
Jan 17, 2013
We are keen to hire the best! Feel free to apply through LinkedIn or send an email with CV and cover letter to jason.fashade at ogilvy dot com.
Who are we?
Social@Ogilvy is a global, cross-discipline team of social experts from across all of Ogilvy’s businesses. We know there’s a new customer and stakeholder journey defined by the increasing impact our networks have on purchase decision and our behaviors. We design integrated social solutions that combine deep disciplines like CRM, PR and shopper marketing that are rooted in behavioral drivers.
Senior Regional Strategist – responsibilities include:
- Lead client accounts across Asia Pacific
- Social business program planning and strategy development
- Identify opportunities to enhance our clients’ businesses and grow our own revenue through farming opportunities
- Manage direct and indirect team members as appropriate. This position will likely have one to two direct reports over time.
- Contribute to cross-discipline social media team, spanning public relations, direct marketing, advertising and shopper marketing
- Online research and social media monitoring using a variety of social media listening tools
- Campaign execution in the areas of community management, influencer identification, influencer outreach and content activation
- Measure campaign effectiveness using a variety of social media analytics tools
- Participate in thought leadership work across the region through blogging on Asia Digital Map, speaking at events and leading webinars across the region.
Desired Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in this role you MUST:
- Be fluent in Mandarin and English with strong copy editing skills for Simplified Chinese
- Have a Bachelors degree or equivalent with a strong academic record
- Have 3+ years developing and executing social media programs in an agency environment
- Have excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Think critically and creatively, meaning the ability to think clearly and rationally, solve problems and develop new and useful possibilities
- Plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion
- Work calmly and maintain good judgment in a fast-paced work environment
- Collaborate with colleagues in different countries and appreciate cultural differences
- Understand current and emerging media platforms and their usage from a consumer and business perspective
- Understand how to drive conversations and online word of mouth
- Be passionate about social media and word of mouth marketing
- Have digital production experience
- Additional skills preferred, but not required:
- Video production and editing
- Management experience
- Business development experience
Ogilvy & Mather is one of the largest marketing communications companies in the world. Through its specialty units, the company provides a comprehensive range of marketing services including: advertising; public relations and public affairs; branding and identity; shopper and retail marketing; healthcare communications; direct, digital, promotion, relationship marketing. Ogilvy & Mather services Fortune Global 500 companies as well as local businesses through its network of more than 450 offices in 120 countries. It is a part of the WPP Group (NASDAQ: WPPGY, www.wpp.com.) For more information, visit www.ogilvy.com.
Ogilvy & Mather has nine divisions: OgilvyOne (direct and digital marketing), OgilvyInteractive (digital marketing and strategy), Neo@Ogilvy (digital and direct media), Ogilvy PR (public relations), Ogilvy CommonHealth (health care communications and marketing), OgilvyAction (analytics and experiential marketing), Ogilvy Government Relations (government affairs), OgilvyEntertainment (branded content), RedWorks (production and design) and OgilvyNoor (Muslim consumer practice).