Mondays at 5pm: Australians Go Online
Sep 20, 2010
Nielsen recently released their latest look at the Internet in Australia.
Interestingly, Australian online engagement peaks on Mondays and the peak time (all days) is 5pm. While the trough of engagement on Saturdays reflects my personal Internet habits, I was surprised by the peak on Monday. Perhaps people catching up on email (and gossip from the weekend).
A few other stats:
- Internet Use: 14.84 million Australians used the Internet in the past month
- Stickiest Site: Facebook is responsible for 90% of all time spent on social media sites in Australia
- Social: Over 70% of Australian Internet users visited a social media site in the past month
- Peak Times: 5PM & Mondays are the heaviest times of the week for Internet use
- Mobile Web: Mobile Web usage jumped in the past month – more than 250K Australians accessed the Web through a mobile device
Hat tip to Brian Giesen for highlighting the report.